13.11.10

I keep saying "there is hope" because there really is. a light shines at the end of every dark tunnel, a rainbow comes after every thunderstorm. you find your lost wallet after hours of searching and and a wall starts to crumble after years of clawing. everything's not lost. there is time, and there is room, and there is space. and there is God. it reminds me,

Hope is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—

And sweetest—in the Gale—is heard—
And sore must be the storm—
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm—

I've heard it in the chillest land—
And on the strangest Sea—
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb—of Me



- Emily Dickinson 


I like that poem very much and it quite succinctly puts across what I wanted to say about hope: there is an endurability that hope possesses that can carry us through the darkest days. there is hope, simply because hope is everlasting. 


there is hope in everything

No comments:

Post a Comment