also, the TIME magazine I received recently I'm very happy with because I saw it in a shop and resisted buying, hoping that it'd be waiting for me at home and it was :) it's The Best of 2011. I love these compilation editions. The Economist had one recently but I didn't get it because my subscription hadn't activated yet, sad :( anyway I like reading these magazines... I think they're really interesting, I mean you really learn about things that you don't study in school or anything. also, if you want to see even more interesting, you should read the Inbox page where they post people's critiques on last week's editions. and basically you get to see what really gets people upset: when you talk about the value of marriage in today's society, the gays and lesbians get riled up, because the value of marriage would be strongest to those who are mostly "unjustly denied it", but the straight people are like ~whatever~
still upset my Nat Geo hasn't come yet
so I decided if I end up going to study at Bristol maybe my new dream will be to start up my own magazine, where I will hire only the best-of-the-best journalists, and I will always be writing the Editor's Note. "It's always better to create a job than to find one." I think that sounds like a good plan. It will be the most revolutionary magazine on Earth and all of you will pay its exorbitant subscription fees just because it will be so damn awesome. I will pull Gus on board and he will be the famous businessman that will give valuable insight to several current events circulating the business world. one day we will be on Oprah and she will say that we are a "true success story". when I am older my company will be worth $100 million dollars (TIME was worth $80 million in the 60s)/when I figure out how to skirt this losing competition of print vs online, I will sell it off and spend my retirement living in a gigantic house with all my family
I've always wanted to be a journalist. write for something or someone.
write my opinion and have people slam it.
I think I never considered it very viable because 1) no money 2) I'd never find a job drowning in a pool of people who probably write a lot more brilliantly than I do
but if I start up my own magazine, then I can write whatever the hell I want because I created my own damn job. and I can sit and be bored by interviews with interns from ivy league schools
that's nice.
new dream.
I like it.
must tell Gus.
No comments:
Post a Comment