I bought my vinyl player! at first there was something wrong, but my Dad helped me fix it :) now it is playing perfectly through this Pioneer amplifier I stole from my aunty. but anyway, vinyls have such great quality! I never knew! everything sounds so much better. clarity is there, but there's still a very good and full bass support. I went to Gramophone to find some records but all they had was so shit I didn't buy anything. maybe tomorrow I will find better ones. anyway I really love the sound of vinyl, I don't exactly know how to put this in words, but the music feels more "part of me". it feels like the notes and the voices and the clash of the cymbals are flowing my insides out through the ends of my fingertips. like my heart is engaged. I especially like the build-up in "Something" by The Beatles, and they chorus together: you're asking me will my love grow / I don't know, I don't know
after I came home, my family and I went out for dinner at Sushi Tei! SO GOOD mmm. I think the mark of a good Japanese restaurant is cold, fresh and tasty salmon sashimi. anyway they considered that my birthday dinner, which was really good and I'm cool with it. we came home and put up our christmas tree! Gus went with me to go buy it the other day -- NOT CHEAP. but yeah, we set it up and wrapped it in lights and ornaments following a gold-green-red theme. it's very beautiful, I like it so much. it's very tastefully done, not an overkill of ornaments but not so few that it looks sparse. I will take a picture and put it up here. I had a lot of fun doing it because my whole family did it together, plus we played christmas carols on my laptop and beatles songs on my vinyl player while we did it. even my grandparents ambled here and there trying to hang ornaments. I like to spend family time like this, and it was good that my brother was back to spend it with us too. my dad spent the time snapping candid pictures of everyone, I like that he always tries to capture these moments. important things like these (Y)
Tuesday was another great day that has passed. I went out with Whang, Neh and Loe for some Golden Rooster at Coro. reminiscing about StMargs days is fun fun fun, haha. we sat at GR for the longest time laughing and talking, after which we went to Beauty World for L4D2!!! Gus and Jolene came, and it was pretty fun. I mean it's different, there's a lot of screaming when there's so many girls who aren't so good at it, you know? plus there was Whang stroking the screen saying "Hang on hang on" while her character dangled off the bridge. then we went to this place called Buddy & Hoagies for dinner -- I LIKE! we ate dinner and played MonoDeal and Poker. Whang was so unsure that she kept folding immediately, it was so hilarious. I miss all my St Margs friends :') I'll see everyone together on Sunday -- CAN'T WAIT
tomorrow's my birthday guys! haha how exciting
No comments:
Post a Comment