I think the best way to deal with my quite shitty exam results (which I have no right to be upset over, considering I hardly studied for anything) is to lie in bed and listen to vinyl. before I checked my results, I brought my dad and my sister to the old vinyl store at Adelphi that I checked out a few days ago. my dad appreciates good music just as much as I do, maybe more. it was fun because they played anything we wanted to listen to on their huge ass speakers... picked up quite a few records
now I think just listening to them is a bit of an opiate. it makes me forget a little, forget that I screwed up, kinda. I like just thinking about the music, thinking about the next word that comes. I have elton john, journey, hall & oates, rod stewart, van morrison, chicago, simon & garfunkel. I also bought ELO which I was very excited about!! and of course I have the beatles <3 today Gus is gallivanting around town causing trouble with his friends so I will lie in bed and let the music wash over me. hopefully it can wash away all this clingy guilt and regret I feel from not doing well. I wish I didn't care.
No comments:
Post a Comment