Gus and I have been playing lots of tennis. although I've never felt my muscles ache so I think we aren't really playing that hard. we just like to rally, just hitting the ball consecutively is fun enough.
this afternoon I had my Singapore politics lecture, and it was SO FUN. I don't even know why, I liked it so much. I think because it's an area I'm interested in, put a lot of thought into before... although I have to tell myself to keep questioning everything, because I feel like education is one of the tools of propaganda, though at a university level I don't know if they still bother. perhaps not, or perhaps their propaganda philosophy is this: if I let people discuss and think about things, 'dissent' in a classroom, they will be convinced that the government does not enforce an overbearing, totalitarian-like rule with no room for dissent, although out of university, that is mostly more than true. so I vacillate between what the class really means to me as a citizen. weird? but anyway it was so fun. these are my favourite classes:
1. french
2. singapore politics
3. european politics
FUN. I like. I was so confused when some people left halfway, I was thinking "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING THIS IS AWESOME" but. I dunno. Haha. just so people don't think I'm being brainwashed mostly, the class isn't a completely PAP-favoured class. it is university after all. no, it does discuss the various degrees of democratic practice Singapore enforces, goes through our electoral system, what is fair what is not fair, etc. it isn't constantly "PAP IS GOOD. PAP IS RIGHT. WITHOUT PAP YOU WILL DIE" kind of stuff, thankfully
No comments:
Post a Comment