lately I have been struggling with making myself more apparent to the rest of the world. I have been feeling frustrated with becoming a little bit of a wallflower, of being forgotten by teachers, of walking around like a ghost to other people. my idea is that I must be more outspoken, have more controversial ideas, suggest more outrageous things that will make people go, 'wow this girl is really different' because to me there are no perks to being a wallflower. nobody is going to succeed that way. nobody remembers you and that is detrimental to one's future.
and I've been thinking that for a long time, striving to make people remember my name, my face. but I'm slowly coming to realise that that's a very materialistic, extremely
human way of looking at things. it is foolish in ideology, desperate in methodology and most of all, selfish in nature. I came across this quote that struck me as the proper way to doing things:
Don't try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough.
- Arthur Freed
I will try to live by that.
No comments:
Post a Comment