Mine was awesome. Last night we got into a fight over something I'm obviously not going to reveal. I fell asleep while the problem remained unresolved. Sometimes I think it's funny, I study public policy-making, ways and approaches to suiting appropriate solutions to particular problems, but I can't resolve any of my own problems even though I have acquired this wealth of knowledge. So today I dragged myself through the mundane activities of school, while we exchanged polite conversation on bbm. He told me dinner at night.
At about 8pm he picked me up from my house, but the first thing he said was: I'm sorry for last night. Which touched me deeply, because I'm not even sure it really was his fault. On hindsight it was probably a lot of my fault, but he said sorry anyway, which I know was hard for him. He brought me to this restaurant by the beach out on Changi Coast Walk. Our table was beside a railing which separated us from the rocks and the lapping waves. A single candle in between us, shrouding us in low light. Popular love songs playing in the background.
He pulled out a bag and I opened it. There was a square box, so I opened that, and then a circular box, and I opened that, and sitting there was this beautiful thing:
A watch from Marc by Marc Jacobs. It is so pretty! I love it so much. Thin black strap, small simple face. I must also assert that Gus paid for it with the money he has earned from his relief teaching, which honestly, honestly I can't even begin to comprehend. It's 8 days worth of work for him, money I know he worked hard for. Is he the best or what, seriously? (and yes my nails are white, OPI has white polish ok stop asking me if it's liquid paper -.-)
We talked the night away under the stars, airplanes flying low overhead on the way to landing, the sound of the cascade of waves breaking onto the rocks. It was a pretty perfect night, I'd say. And again, like I said, served to remind me that Gus loves me very very much and that I'm more than lucky to have found him.
Had a great Valentine's after all. No need for a big show of flowers and declarations. Simple dinners and simple useful presents showing effort and real thought.
Hope everyone out there had a great Valentine's too! xx


No comments:
Post a Comment