25.5.11

leaving

Last night in my current house. Tomorrow we're moving to the old house and I was never really sentimental about it, but I'm starting to be now. I'd like to believe that a house isn't a home, and that the people who create memories in a house create that home. And since everybody is moving together I'm quite sure we'll be able to make our new house a great home. But even then, I have a lot of memories from this house that are quite precious to me I suppose. We got Meelo when we first moved here, we've had lots of fun parties, Gus & I have some pretty awesome memories here too. So honestly, I'm quite sad to be leaving... sad to have to let go of something that has been a huge part of my life. Everything from learning the roads to drive to school and back, from Gus's house and so on, all the way down to the roof outside my window that you could sit on and just chill. I'm excited to move but there's definitely some sadness here.

Otherwise, everybody please pray for my grandpa :( He's very old and the other day his gout acted up so his foot got swollen and he couldn't walk. Now he's in a wheelchair. He has to sleep on the sofa downstairs because he can't climb the stairs so we brought mattresses downstairs, blankets, pillows, etc. He also fell down today and scraped his arm, so it's all bandaged up to stop the bleeding now. It really breaks my heart to see him in such a condition but he's strong and he doesn't complain. The most I can do is sit down with him, play a game of Othello, try to keep his mind active. But yeah. Hopefully in the new house he'll be happier because he'll be able to go swimming. The new house is mostly for my grandparents to enjoy, that was my dad's rationale, so I really hope they do. So yes please pray that he'll continue to be in good health!!!

Anyway last Sunday there was a really great message in church by this guy, I don't even remember his name anymore, but it was really good and I think maybe I will try to talk about it soon. I'll try. It's gonna be a hectic few days but really praying that everything goes smoothly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment