There's a lot of hype about internships now. I feel like I don't want to spend my three month holiday trotting around in heels and a tight skirt, sitting at a desk, probably playing tetris most of the time. On the other hand, there's always this consideration: do it for your future. At this point I'm just thinking, what about my future? The future where I have no more holidays to just relax? Or the future where I'll be so burdened with financial worries that I'll probably lapse into depression? Or the future where every single day becomes clockwork, deadened hours and infatigable mechanisms? If I'm going to do something for my future, I'm going to enjoy whatever time I have now, so that when I eventually am in that god awful period of my life, I can look back at May-August 2012 and maybe, at least, have a good chuckle.
I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do in the future, just because it's like a routine station on your brain's route every few days, right? All I know is I keep coming back to journalism, and telling stories, and giving information. I feel like I could be on radio, or on TV, or see my name in the papers (not Singaporean papers) and feel like I've done something good. I feel like I have tonnes of ideas for broadcast journalism in Singapore, like I can help mass media corporations gain just that bit more revenue from this market. Is that naive? I guess I should've done communications then, but on the other hand, I love this wealth of information I'm getting from pol science, all these things I would never have known to look at if I didn't learn it in school. Maybe Singaporean mass media doesn't have to be dull and shit because of government regulation. Not that I'm suggesting ways to work around the regulation, but I think we could afford to be a lot more creative and dynamic in the media.
K. Good. I feel like since I've said all this I've contributed my daily bit to "considering my future". *insert "close enough" meme*
No comments:
Post a Comment