22.4.12

401

This is my 401st post.

Was reading someone's blog and she was talking about skincare and stuff... some people have such elaborate skincare routines even though their skin isn't necessarily bad. I think about my skincare routine and I feel ashamed.

1. remove makeup (if I'm wearing any)
2. exfoliate
3. cleanser
4. dry
5. moisturizer & toner

Recently I forget to moisturize and tone so I just dry my face and leave the toilet haha. Also, I only do these things on days that I remember and only at night, because I would rather sleep in than spend 10 minutes doing extra things in the toilet in the morning. Thankfully my skin isn't bad so there's no serious repercussions for this piece of shit routine lol. The only reason I don't really concern myself with maintaining my looks is because 1) I'm lazy and 2) it's too time consuming. Also I never wear sunscreen cos I don't really like being too pale. But my mum says it's bad and when I grow up my skin will become wrinkly faster or something :\ ~whatever~ haha

Also I think nowadays, with all the shit in the news about the 44 men and the NSF dying, I feel like the world I have known for a long time is slowly disintegrating. The beams are becoming shaky, the wallpaper is starting to peel. I don't know if this is what disillusion is. Whether I'm crossing that threshold where your age cloaked you in naivety and innocence. I hate being so aware of everything that is wrong with the world, with Singapore. It makes me so sad and helpless. But I guess this is a symptom of growth and life. I thought about, in the midst of all this, what makes me happy. That is, coming home everyday to my family, knowing Gus is there. I thought about it. I think it is okay if I leave for awhile, as long as I know that when I come home everything is the same, everything I love hasn't changed. That knowledge, that there is some permanence in the middle of everything that is evolving into the unfamiliar, that gives me some comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment