15.4.12

I think you have to define your own expectations of what are 'necessary experiences' in life. Whoever has shaped a certain mould and told the world that these are certain things you must experience to have truly lived is probably a happy man, but I think to a certain extent these experiences don't impact everyone uniformly. So I think there is always a risk in doing something just because someone else tells you to, even if 3/4 of the world agrees it will be amazing. There is so much value in understanding what you want yourself, I think that's something people forget, it's something people are rarely able to siphon because you are almost always caught underneath everyone else's opinions, constant buzzing in your ears that you can barely find your own.

I think sometimes if you think about the main forces that have shaped your life philosophy over the years you reach some startling epiphanies about areas of your life that need to be changed

I also think that perhaps if you have spent a larger part of your life tending to your looks to feel good you are contributing to the idea that bare-faced, wrinkled and 'ugly' you will probably feel like shit, because the attention you've fed your exterior has been disproportionately distributed vis-a-vis your interior. In many ways I think that is quite a gamble to take, considering everybody will one day become 'ugly'. This sounds pretty douchey but one day I wish I could sit down with a VS model and ask her some realistic questions about her role in perpetuating the female as a sexual object and contributing to the spread of eating disorders worldwide

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see the day you sit down with a VS model and ask her those questions you intend to. I too, want to here those answers, and tut at her shallow response. Perhaps, at the same time, berate her for how she has negatively affected so many girls in the world.

    ReplyDelete