8.10.12

Some things cannot be procrastinated. Things happen and in retrospect they take on a new light, except sometimes the light dawns before you've stepped out the door. That is how I feel about Paris this time around, how I can feel a warmth expanding in my fingertips when I think about the past two days. It feels like somebody has punched my chest and left it bruised and longing. When I saw the Eiffel Tower flicker to life I thought about how much you've changed and how much I'm changing. The tower itself has morphed into something symbolic, emerged from the banality of tourist cliches with a sheen of metaphorics, a starship I have hitched my wagon to. I mean that I will always remember this time, roaming the streets and loving the people. Napoleon lifted the lid and offered me relief, comfort, joy on a silver platter. On the steps of Sacre Coeur I realised my naivety.

I wonder if birds enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment