19.12.10

Gus came in the afternoon after he got back from Malaysia. was so good to see him again. we spent the day watching gaki batsu on youtube and bumming in bed. went to eat Chili's which was awesomeeeee sigh wish it wasn't so expensive. and then when we got back he gave me my present! which was a nat geo poster that I've wanted for a very, very long time. I was very thrilled with it, if we move I can put it up nicely

he left as abruptly as he came. had to go pick his sister up from somewhere. I was quite sad because he wasn't around yesterday for my birthday so I wanted to spend today with him quite badly. but he had to go so he left

then about 15 minutes later my sister barged into the room and said that a church friend of ours was around the area and wanted to hang out around the park at my house. so I got dressed quickly and we drove to the park...

and I saw Gus's car there. and when I walked closer to the playground structure, sitting on one of the platforms were dozens of candles and my boyfriend. my sister brought speakers along and then she got her cue and left, haha. dozens of candles lit and music playing softly... so touched :') it's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me. then he handed me a teal box wrapped with a silver ribbon. the box read: tiffany & co. I started to cry before I even opened it, I was stuttering like such an idiot. I swear the tears were dripping down my face like a freakin waterfall, and sitting inside the box was a tiny teal bag, and I tipped it over and out spilled a gorgeous heart necklace... I cried even more until my eyes hurt and the front of my shirt was soaked. then he played 'He You Me' by Jimmy Eat World, stood up and took my hand. he pulled me up and into his arms, and we stood dancing in the middle of the park. you know you watch those movies where really cheesy things like this happen and you're like "Pfffft lame" but when it happens to you, it's really, really nice and so romantic you can't even imagine. we danced to a few songs, that song, 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane and 'I Wanna Grow Old With You'. like I know, they're so cheesy and cliche and typical but I assert: YOU DON'T KNOW how awesome it is until it happens, and then you know why it's so cliche

you might think I cried because it's Tiffany & Co but I cried because

1. he remembered that I mentioned it once before that I'd like something from there
2. he sacrificed a lot of things to get it for me, things he didn't have to sacrifice
3. he did it surprise-form, because he knows I love surprises

i would have been equally wracked with sobs if it were any other present. furthermore his 'fake' present was also damn good. I can't believe it haha.

basically I have the best boyfriend ever and my sister is not bad too, haha. with all the shit that's going on and even if my party were to spectacularly fail tomorrow, this is already the best birthday ever




No comments:

Post a Comment