8.12.10

I have had worse partings, but none that so
Gnaws at my mind still.  Perhaps it is roughly
Saying what God alone could perfectly show –
How selfhood begins with a walking away,
And love is proved in the letting go.

-- C Day-Lewis

took this from Bert's blog. it's very beautiful.

I think life is meant to be full of letting go. I think if you were to live life brilliantly you'd be a speedboat gliding freely through the waters, not a ship trying to sail, dragging an anchor deep beneath that's pulling at the seabed. letting go is hard, though. and I think "selfhood" is important: it's that sense of confidence and that moulding of your identity that really shapes you as a person i.e. if you never let go, you never build this identity. dependency is a bad thing most of the time. you have only yourself to count on

and God. I think if God could let His son go, then we can find strength in Him to help us to let go. I mean, you take advice from someone who has been through it, right? God is that person... I think God is so wonderfully dual in that God-human way. I think when Jesus was sent to be crucified, God curled up in a corner of His room and cried; the same way I would curl up and cry if I ever had to let go of someone I loved. the only difference is that God had no one to appeal/whine/complain/rant to to feel better except Himself. at least we have Him.

I like the idea that God is forever listening, the idea that He's a 24/7 aunt agony. I like the idea that I'm never really alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment