I have been thinking about it and this: Gus keeps me grounded. I appreciate that.
Sometimes he reminds me of things i've resolved to stick by or things that are better for me. He helps me through times when my feet are still to separate from solid earth. He pulls me back down and tells me to look straight not up, or I might bang into something. He tells me to sit nicely and to chew with my mouth closed. Regulates my shopping. Forces me to drink water when I feel sick and sits for hours at the doctor's with me, waiting for my turn. He speaks honestly with me about my problems and how to fix them. Tells me when I'm
being a floozy or a bitch. When I get tipsy he brings me home, tucks me in and doesn't leave until I'm fast asleep. When I didn't do well for SATs I wallowed in self-pity and said "I'm so fucking stupid" but he didn't blink an eye and said, "no, you're so fucking lazy." which I realize now is the more accurate of the two observations. He forces me to study when I want to laze around in bed and scolds me when I sleep too long.
He keeps me grounded.
If I didn't have him goodness knows what monster I'd be right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment