1/1/11: in the afternoon I went for lunch with my family at this cafe called Toby's in parkway parade. it was a quiet little cafe nestled in a corner of the mall. shared a spaghetti bolognaise with my sister because I like to eat plain, simple food. I think it frustrates Gus to an extent, because sometimes we go to somewhere with a very elaborate menu spread and I choose carbonara.
after lunch we went to sistic and bought our Eagles tickets!!!!! SO HAPPY I've been bugging my mum to buy them for a long time now. we've got fairly good seats! so excited seriously. I don't really do concerts a lot, I only go if I think a band is REALLY worth it... Eagles is definitely going to be worth it. I think it's kind of a must for them to do their classic songs: love will keep us alive, tequila sunrise, desperado, heartache tonight... and of course, hotel california. I really hope they do hole in the world, take it easy and lyin' eyes + life in the fast lane!!! some of my favouritesss SO EXCITED Don Henly & Joe Walsh OMG
then we went to borders and I bought some books. now I'm reading 'how to live safely in a science fictional universe' by charles yu, and this is how reading really makes me feel comforted sometimes. the book talks about the issue of time that I posted yesterday... of course more eloquently and more articulate. but I will leave that for when I'm done with the book.
after that Gus came over and we lay in bed watching scott pilgrim vs the world. it's both a liability and an asset that michael cera can only ever play one kind of character, although scott pilgrim was slightly different for him. that's because even though it never changes, that kind of awkward/shy boy humor never gets old. I liked it a lot I thought it was really funny! everybody go watch it (online)
a good first january
No comments:
Post a Comment