7.2.11

Can't put across in words how the past few days have been. Drifting in and out of mundane activities. I feel hollow when I stop and do nothing, otherwise the flurry of pointless routines distracts me. Sometimes I think about lost friends, people to whom I don't mean anything anymore. I would be lying if I said I was sad - for some of them I really don't care anymore. I think it's unrealistic to cling to the hope that you will treasure everyone you've met for a long, long time. The way people come and go really only reminds you you've got yourself and that's it. If someone stays for some time, count it a blessing, not a right.

Yesterday I let Gus read the piece I wrote on Egypt's situation. I did it for fun because I wanted to start practicing and honing whatever skills I possess or don't possess. Still too embarrassed to let anyone I know read it, except for Gus. It is floating somewhere on the Internet if anyone manages to stumble upon it, but when I improve, then maybe someone else besides Gus can read it. He gave me constructive feedback and told me what he thought of the article, which was very useful to me. I revised the article and will let him read it again tomorrow. I understand that part of being a good journalist requires that leap of faith in yourself and putting your work out there for all to see, but I'm a far way off from that. Faith in myself = negligible

Otherwise, because of our cash inflow, Gus and I went shopping after church. I bought a pair of shoes from Zara at the discounted price of $60 (down from $139, pretty good deal I thought) and he bought a shirt from Topman. Because I have a greater disposable income I'm really itching to shop, but I must control myself and save whatever I have.

Right now people's eyes are glued to TV screens watching Liverpool vs Chelsea. This uproar over Torres leaving really only ever shows you one thing: nobody likes to lose. Not meant as an offense to Liverpool fans, but Torres left because the club basically wasn't allowing him to shine. And so he left. Not very sure why everyone is surprised, because at the rate Liverpool was performing, wasn't it a little bit inevitable? Perhaps not for the old guard like Gerrard, but Torres... sad to be in the public eye or be the object of admiration of so many. To whom should your loyalties lie: millions of fans, or yourself? Fans are bitching about him like crazy, but there is reason behind his move (although no reason behind his remarks on it -.- stupid really) that isn't illogical for someone like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment