Brisbane in 8 days. Feel like this holiday is finally amounting to something. Three weeks in a foreign land doing whatever we want. I told Gus, I will spend some time being on my own and exploring the city, so he can do his boy things with his friends. I think he feels an overbearing need to protect me on this holiday, I think because my parents feel I am safe there only because Gus is there too.
I have come to be more at peace with Singapore, not constantly screaming to get out and finding faults in everything. Granted, there are several things still severely out of place and in need of review, but I think I try to take them as anomalies and appreciate all the good things. So going to Brisbane will be less of a "getting away" trip and more of traveling in its very essence, to see something else, to experience something different. I have no idea what our itinerary is, but there's a road trip on the cards! Yay excited
Otherwise, last night we went for dinner at Brussels Sprouts at East Coast! It's a super chill place and they have about 10 million different beers. Gus had an apple beer which was really nice, and my dad had a mojito. Basically if you buy their mussels or clams you get free flow fries! Gus was very happy about this. Their chili clams are really nice! It's quite pricey though. Don't go there without your parents hehe. And in the wake of watching X-men first class, Gus & I rewatched X-men 1, 2 & 3. When post-credits you see Magneto make the metal chess piece move just that little bit... *\*/*SEQUEL*\*/*
Breakfast tomorrow with friends at Simply Bread. Looking forward to starting the day early!
No comments:
Post a Comment