16.7.11

I forgot to mention that Gus and I are two years old

All I know is, I can't imagine being without you because you are so precious to me. After two years together it seems insignificant considering how long some couples have been together, but through the ups and downs somehow we've landed here. Happy and content. And that's how you make me feel. Like the gaps and the holes have disappeared, been stitched up and cast aside. It would be a stretch to say "you make me feel whole" because you don't. There are times when I feel very empty, and nothing you say or do can fix that yawning gape but I think, maybe, the more appropriate phrase might be "you try to fix me" and that's a lot more than I can ask for. I love the way you say certain words and your leftover American accent, the way you tell me to shut up when I ask who's the reacher and who's the settler, the way you get defensive when you suspect someone has hurt me, the way you joke with your family about how I eat too much, the witty things you say and all your funny jokes I try my best not to laugh at. I love the way you still love me after two years of bullshit I've put you through, the way you're straight and honest with me, the way you always try to do the right thing, even when I'm pressuring you to do the wrong. I love the way you treat my family, my sister, my dog, the way you make me feel special and the way you make me laugh.

But mostly, I love you because you're you and you don't try to be anybody else. 



Happy two years to us! And to many more years to come :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment