1. slept at 630am
2. woken up at 3pm
3. slept again at 7pm
4. watched a lame movie
5. finished 3 full bars of tetris battle energy
6. strolled leisurely around town
7. shopped for London a little bit
8. started reading
Quite productive holidays I think, especially the sleeping... I think lots of people think holidays are a time to do everything they've been wanting to do during school period, but they become so obssessed with finishing things that they don't relax. I admire these people, because I'm really just going to relax this holiday, all before school starts all over again in January. And then year 2 will be over... scary. I love the May-July holidays but I think I'm supposed to do an internship then or something... sigh.
Anyway I am now reading Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne, because I liked 20, 000 Leagues Under The Sea so much. I like Jules Verne. I've also started watching Community! I luv it soo much but my sister told me they cancelled it in favor of some Buffy-like series. This is why America sucks because they create good things and then destroy them in favor of hamburgers
Looking back on this sem, it was infinitely better than the last sem and I can point out three distinct reasons. Upon reading them you are free to judge me I don't care. Firstly, because Gus was in school, so I wasn't always thinking about skipping class to hang out with him. And he studies with me. Secondly, because I made some friends and they say things like, "next sem we have to take mods together ok" which makes me feel like I belong somewhere. I also feel like the group is getting bigger and maybe this is really what I wanted out of uni, just a group of friends that can be there for each other in school. (Bert is and always will be my no. 1 NUS friend haha) Thirdly, because I actually, really studied this sem which makes me wonder what my CAP would be now if I just did this from the beginning.
I'm still quite afraid for my results, I think I won't do amazing but I'm really crossing my fingers that hard work (or some semblance of it) pays off. Think I'm growing to be happy with B+ and positively exhilarated with A-, but I have to start learning to stop being content with a B+ like so many other PS students are. Dog-eat-dog world... sad we have to live in it.
Photos with Gus!






No comments:
Post a Comment