Been doing research on Sweden for my European pol paper on Tuesday... can't decide if I want to migrate there or not. It's basically one of the best countries to live in -- low unemployment, low crime rate, high literacy rates, ranked the best country to be a mother in, high life expectancy, high ranking on HDI, blah blah blah. Sounds pretty awesome right?
Their taxes are bloody insane ok? You have an income tax of 30%, but if you earn more than 320, 000 kronos which is about 64000 sgd annually you pay an additional 20 - 25% of high-income tax which is almost 60%!!! Plus you have a VAT of 25% on lots of things bought by private citizens. SERIOUSLY that tax burden is insane. But apparently the Swedes are damn chill about it because they get a lot of welfare benefits, social service, government handouts, etc... but still! It's crazy. Seriously Nordic countries sound freaking awesome to live in but all of them have insanely high tax rates... think they're starting to wean off the welfare state, especially in the midst of inflation and financial crises happening every other day...
Gus bought an iPhone 4 in white! It's really nice... I want one too. Haha. He's been playing with it obsessively over the last two days. Obsessing mainly with how his battery is gonna die, also with downloading different apps and whatnot. I'm glad for him because his bb was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen, so now he can stop suffering.
ALSO MY BOOKS FROM BOOKDEPOSITORY CAME!!! YAY they came in cute little packages protected with bubble wrap and stuff, so cute
Ugh ok I'm tired of studying gonna sleep bye
No comments:
Post a Comment