10.5.11

Elections are over which means I suppose my blog will stop being boring. But again I must remind myself that I write everything here for myself, and as soporific as those posts were there were thoughts contained in them that are important for me to remember. More than that I do not want to fall into the allure of being someone who boasts knowing much about a certain topic to seem intelligent, informed, etc etc. There is much about politics that I do not know, therefore I study it to try and know more. It is important to emphasize the subjectivity of an opinion so as not to seem imposing. If there is anything that irritates me it is someone who tries to impose their opinion on me.

I spent today rolling around in bed with Gus. That sounds like we've been having sex all day, but no, we have not. What I actually mean is most of our activities were done in a comfortable, supine position. Him marking his students' scripts, watching Glee and Modern Family on the computer, playing Tilt To Live with considerable passion. As piggish as it sounds I will not deny that I derive a substantial amount of pleasure from always feeling something soft beneath me. Of course there is nothing unpleasant about having your better half beside you. I've said this many times but I think it's worth repeating -- these things are such simplistic, mundane and repetitive activities that Gus and I go through all the damn time. But there is nothing wrong with it. I end up feeling happy, fulfilled and content. Quality time is what it is. Just Gus and me. And time. That's simply the dynamic of our relationship I suppose, the familiarity of it allows us to make do with the bare minimum.

The book I'm reading is Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. Honestly I am reading it out of desperation than want -- I have run out of books to read at the moment. Not looking forward to paying for books at the cashier of either Kino or Borders. Have ordered more books from bookdepository but those will take another two weeks. Juliet, Naked is a pale shadow of Hornby's considerably better works. I will finish it out of respect for Hornby.

I am going to make a list. After I decide what the list will be about. My ideas at the moment are vague and fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment