Dean's List
The Dean's List is an award given to the top 5% of each cohort, with meritorious academic achievement, at the end of each semester (excluding the special term).
There is therefore no specific cut-off as only the top 5%, of eligible students, will be selected based on the Semester Average Point (SAP). Students must have a CAP that is above the current pass with merit cut-off. Those in their fourth year of study must have a CAP of at least 4.00.
The current Dean's List had about 277 students on it across all cohorts, which means FASS holds about 5000+ students (thanks Bert for the calculations haha). Which is fcking a lot. And to be the top 277 students... well that, to me, seems quite impossible. And yet I feel like I really want to attain this, really want to have something to emerge from uni and be proud of, something more than your average university student life. Is it very Singaporean of me? Craving after these academic achievements, seeking fulfillment in them. Perhaps. But it is very appealing! & I know that even if I don't end up on the Dean's List in any of my semesters after 4 years of study, in aspiring to be on it I will probably pull my grades up by quite a bit. And so that is my new aspiration for next semester. To get onto the Dean's List.
No comments:
Post a Comment