17.6.11

An Appeal

I'm really struggling trying to plan out the next few years for university. Basically there are tons of university requirements, major requirements, modules to take, things like that that you have to kind of know beforehand if you want to graduate on time and graduate successfully. So what I'm shooting for is to complete my honours in political science. And it's just mother confusing. Maybe it's not confusing and I'm just stupid. Either way, I need help :( I need help more with an opinion on what kind of coping is needed for different combinations of modules. For example, is it better to mix level 2000 and level 3000 modules, or do them separately in one semester? Things like that.

So since I am practically friendless in school it's even more unlikely that I know someone three years older completing his/her honours in political science. Thus I am seeking help with this. The reason I don't really want to approach any of the teachers is because 1. there are so freaking many, and I'm not familiar with any of them like you might be in sec school or JC, 2. uni teachers intimidate me with their PhDs and Masters from Harvard and Oxford ie. make me feel stupid so I don't like to talk to them if I don't have to. Although it's a really bad habit, avoiding people who intimidate you, it doesn't do much for your self esteem, so if nobody can help me through this desperate plea then I will have no choice. I have already scanned all the available teaching advisors and chosen the one with the friendliest headshot.


Meelo had to go for surgery today. We got her spayed/sterilized and removed a decaying tooth. The doctor said she was in damn good health for her age, considering we never gave her the last vaccination she was supposed to get. I felt so sad for her when she came out of the surgery though. She was all sleepy (as the picture shows haha) and woozy. She was so unaccustomed to the cone that she couldn't walk up stairs because suddenly the circumference of her head area expanded so drastically. The bottom of the cone would keep hitting the next step and she kept bumping into things. Poor baby :( She's got a wound right on her belly; the doctor showed us the removed uterus and it was all flaccid and covered in blood. Pretty cool! I gave her lots of treats once we got home because she had to go through all that. But I'm so proud of her :) In two weeks she can remove her cone! They're scared she'll gnaw or chew at her stitches or infect her wound. Omgggggggggg I'm going to miss her so much when I go to Australia, shit :( I didn't think about it. Sigh I love her so much :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment