18.8.12

Oh ya Gus & I went to that 'French' restaurant at the back of serene center, which really serves Italian food but has signs that say 'bonjour' everywhere to eat the other day because it has really good reviews on hungrygowhere (an online community that I often feel skeptical about -- I feel skeptical about people who feel the need to write really long reviews on hgw, especially when the food is average -- good scale) and the chef was a French guy

and he had a full on twisted moustache and Gus said that he looks like he came right out of Ratatouille. He was also big and round and jolly which I found strange based on my pre-conceived notions of the French being largely an un-jolly sort of people (like Jamaicans are jolly are they not) but a pleasant surprise all in all. He sat at a table and almost yelled 'bonjour' to everyone who walked past including a young Singaporean man who responded "hnnngggz" in his confusion, but he also yelled "au revoir" like the second after they passed, like "hello...goodbye" within 3 seconds, I thought so many people were confused at this large white man yelling shit at them but it was funny

I said I am going to France soon and he told Gus "be careful becauz I know ze French boiz and zey are verrry nozy". If I think about it now it doesn't make much sense, because so what if they are nosy, at the end of the day they might know details like when did I stop growing and why does my sister always feel stressed at school but they might never flirt with me so what does Gus have to be careful of. But I appreciated the man's jolly concern, I feel it was one of the more stable conversations I've had with adult foreigners which is a department in which I struggle constantly.

Yeah well this blog is called binge blogging for a reason

No comments:

Post a Comment