28.11.10

last paper tomorrow at 9am. philosophy... ugh honestly before I took philo, I was quite interested in it. now that I've taken it, I hate being mindfucked. also because we did not study the philosophers that I was interested in. in my opinion, a philosopher has to be dead to be good, THAT MEANS NOT YOU GALEN STRAWSON. we did nothing on aristotle or plato or kant or hume (not much anw) or kierkegaard or hegel, and very little on Sartre (yes I know them all from Sophie's Choice leave me alone)

I am tired of reading notes... I don't care if I live in a computer simulation. I feel like answering like that to every question: "I don't care I don't care I don't care" hahahahaha how wonderful. otherwise I am content with doing not-so-well for this paper because I know I've been doing quite well for the 10 summaries. I always get 3 or 4 so I'm less stressed about the paper tomorrow. another reason is that if there's one thing I am proud of, I am proud of my bullshitting skills. that's why I like essays on vague topics HAHA. feel like just reading my summaries over and calling it a night

but tomorrow is a very sad day because Gus is leaving for Malaysia for 4 days. I told him he better be careful because Malaysia is a very dangerous place, plus their commercials are honestly the most misleading things ever. the entire 'Malaysia Truly Asia' is built around white people basking in the spoils of Malaysia's land and labour. I know it's an appeal for tourism but it's SO WEIRD. there's not a single Asian in those commercials... I thought it was one of those Australian ads (THOSE R SO GOOD I always feel like going to Gold Coast when I see those)

ALSO basically by the end of tomorrow I will, I think, be having a holiday until next October... so excited! this means time for travelling and reading and relaxing and volunteering and yay!!! yes so anyway! I reckon I'll be done re-reading harry potter by the time next week ends. after which is Bali!!! ok but no, could anyone recommend me some books to read? I want to read harry potter-like books! it is sad that I feel like no series will ever become as epic as HP was, but whatever is close to it (NOT. TWILIGHT)! so far I've read reviews and think that I will read:

His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card
Discworld by Terry Pratchett (although there are like 30 books in this series)

and I guess I'll give LOTR another whack. failed miserably the last time, I don't know :\ not attracted to hobbits perhaps.

RECOMMENDATIONS, PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment