30.12.10

this morning I woke up and I couldn't turn my head. slept with my neck contorted at some weird angle. it hurt so much that I couldn't go for lunch with my family at house@dempsey. I lay in bed for the longest time without turning my head. I drifted in and out of dreams I only vaguely recall now. at one point I opened my eyes, Gus was there and it wasn't a dream. he lay down with me and not-so-gently massaged the muscles that were tight in my neck and shoulder area, while I screamed like a pussy basically. that hurt a lot but the feeling after is heavenly, like all the tension has evaporated and everything is new. we settled new year's plans so that's good

when I felt better we went to old airport road to try the famous western food stall. it was really good, my chicken chop was juicy, tender and very well marinated. Gus' pork chop had this divine garlic sauce dripped over the meat -- SO GOOD. I felt my taste buds start moaning in ecstasy that's how good it was. go try it, the hawker center at old airport road. find the western food stall with tonnes of awards and order either the chicken chop or the pork chop ($5 - $5.50) Gus and I have been eating cheap. proud of us

I'm excited to plan my March 2011 UK trip with Tammy! and whoever else may be available. I want to travel with friends and go to places we've never seen. Tammy likes Greece, I think we may visit Greece. on the 2nd of March I have to be at Bristol for the open house, and then we can go travelling :) lots of friends have jetted off to places clad in white snow from mountain to valley; makes me feel like getting back on a snowboard and taking off down the slopes of Hokkaido

in the meantime, school starts in about 13 days or so. I hate when things seem devastatingly trivial in the grand scheme of everything else. what is university compared to the happy family I will one day have? what is studying when I'm going to die anyway?

new year's eve tomorrow: at midnight I will close my eyes and pray for renewal

No comments:

Post a Comment