7.1.11

decided this blog could use some pictures.

new year's: spent it at harresh's house. he had a water bed that I gleefully rolled around in, while Sandra pondered with me how difficult sex on the bed would be. played lots of taboo and monopoly deal, as well as dance central.. when midnight rolled around everyone seemed unprepared, hastily grabbing confetti shooters and poppers. once it was 12.01am, boys being boys started to pop things unnecessarily in each other's ears. the night was full of that popping sound, again and again. we had sparklers too, and sparklers are always nice if not a little scary sometimes. when I was young my brother and I would go to the park and scrape off the powder from the sparklers, gather it in a huge heap and set it on fire. the dress code was to wear something bright or white. at Gus' house I scrambled to find something in his sister's closet (with permission) and came out with this really funky maxi dress



everyone being a pussy here



about 10 days before the new year's I had a birthday party in Sentosa. I don't have much pictures because most of them were taken by Gus and he NEVER uploads anything he takes, I don't know what's the point of taking them sometimes 









there were more people but I only have these pictures. they pampered me with a pillow full of beatles' lyrics, most prominently 'i get by with a little help from my friends', which is true in every sense. they also bought me this book of beatles 'treasures' which has reprints of ticket stubs, concert posters, things like that. I really love it. other presents I received: gift vouchers and gift cards to topshop and sephora, a tiffany&co necklace, a brand new MD wallet and a bottle of china vodka. it was a pretty awesome day. we stayed up into the night playing taboo and drinking games. nobody got out-of-control drunk which was what I was afraid of. because it was situated in a very resort-ish looking set up, Gus and I took a stroll and spoke in soft voices because of the silence. the roads were narrow, only enough for a lone buggy to come straddling the tar between its wheels. he held my hand tightly and we walked into the night, until I became tired

and on the 18th, a day after my birthday, before Gus surprised me at the park, we went for dinner at Chili's :)





obviously my photography skills are nowhere near being considered "imbalanced" if I competed them against any other random person. I don't have pictures from the park, but I think I like it that way. now it just stays in my memories, raw memory of what happened. if I recall it from the recesses of my mind I will be filled with all the happiness I felt sitting on that platform in the park, holding that necklace. 


christmas day: he didn't know what to do with his hat. my mom bought it for him and he freaked out because he never wears that kind of hat. I don't think anyone in Singapore does, I don't know what my mum was thinking haha. the other day she asked me if he's worn it out yet, and I said no, and attributed it to the fact that he practically lives in a shirt and his old jc p.e. shorts. she told me to help him dress better 


after looking at the pictures I've decided I don't actually like how I look with make-up on I think I manage to pull of a very trashy look unfortunately haha. I feel the person reading this nodding absentmindedly in agreement, thank you very much!!!!

in my efforts to stop saving (after almost crying from looking at the expenses a trip to the UK in march would cost), I have completely stopped buying clothes (with my own money) and will be buying books using vouchers to kinokuniya and gift cards to borders, as well as eating cheap. so far I think I have saved a tidy sum of money to add to my savings. when tuition starts again I hope I will have a bulging wallet. and when CNY comes I hope that people forget my face so quickly they give me hong baos twice

No comments:

Post a Comment