15.1.11

LOL okay I am a sucker for funny Singaporean jokes, meaning jokes that make fun of Singaporeans/jibes at Singaporean culture. I seriously find them super super funny and I'm not sure why??? But I do. Anyway I just came across this 'search' thing on twitter: #onlyinsingapore

it's hella funny cos it's all the funny things unique to Singapore, and I really cracked up when I saw this:

"Racist joke about why Indians cannot hold round things via a non-existent Tamil phrase: yuandebunenah (yuan2 de4 bu4 neng2 na2)"

HAHAHAHAHA SO TRUE oh man... I remember when yuandebunenah was popular. Good ol' days. And this one:

"You still use 'oh yah beh yah som' to choose teams in sports and games"

HAHA YES + open numbers!!! O yah beh yah som bah leh yah roti prata char kway teow!!! YAYYYY I love the Singaporean childhood (aside from all the intense schooling & tuition, etc). the other day when kapas went to Lyanne's house we played PEPSI COLA!!! And did all the pre-requisite things like three steps to spread out, swinging the leg towards the foot and shouting "TESTING ONLY AH!!!" so fun. plus

AND. THIS. IS. SO. TRUE:

"Almost everyone recognizes/knows how to sing the theme song to 'Ai' called 'Wo Meng Ti'"

this song:



skip to 0:50. DAMN FAMILIAR RIGHT?! everyone knows it because there's definitely a mother/aunty/grandmother who watches 'Ai' in the family hahahaha so hilarioussssss omg

No comments:

Post a Comment