school starts in two days... how abysmal. my first and only lecture on monday begins at 4pm and ends at 6pm. the point of traveling all the way to clementi for that is starting to lose its influence, if there was any in the first place...
today I spent a grand total of $28, $18 of which was spent splurging on bak kut teh for my mother and my aunties. I read my book while Gus watched jackass 3d. honestly I'm shocked none of them have died yet, I feel like the longer they do things like these one of them is bound to crack his head open from landing on concrete after hurling themselves fifty feet into the air in a trolley via catapult. I also feel like it will be my favourite jackass boy, johnny knoxville :(
I've decided this: a book needs to have something shocking in order to be good. big brother, clones, bokanovsky processes, etc. adultery, death... what's shocking about that? if anything it's banal. so I've resolved to finish this list of 'best' dystopian & post-apocalyptic novels:
fahrenheit 451 by ray bradbury
i am legend by richard matheson
the road by cormac mccarthy
a clockwork orange by anthony burgess (i didn't know this was considered dystopian)
we by yevgeny zamyatin (inspired the plots of both BNW and 1984)
the diamond age, or a young lady's illustrated primer by neal stephenson
a canticle for leibowitz by walter m.miller, jr
the book of the new sun by gene wolfe
do androids dream of electric sheep? by philip k. dick
neuromancer by william gibson
world war z by max brooks
the sword of spirits by john christopher
a handmaid's tale by margaret atwood
that hideous strength by c.s. lewis
the sheep look up by john brunner
the hunger games by suzanne collins
brave new world by aldous huxley
nineteen eighty-four by george orwell
v for vendetta by alan moore and david lloyd
uhhh 13 left. of course with school readings about to pile on, I think it'll be awhile before I come anywhere close to completing the list. some of them are even trilogies, so... although funnily enough, I already have 'the road' I've just never finished it. so I will attempt to. I like dystopian novels, funnily enough... nothing like fear to get a message across, right
No comments:
Post a Comment