31.1.11

Today I went to school and met some new people. we are going to be Russia's defence ministry for our class simulation exercise of the six party talks, although after reading up on it, I think all other countries besides the US and North Korea (ie South Korea, Japan, Russia and China) are relatively irrelevant. Relatively. So... I think much of it will actually be spent listening to US and NK battle it out

Otherwise, the situation in Egypt is escalating to quite worrying proportions. The US embassy has chartered flights for American citizens to leave, while many Egyptians and other tourists desperate for a flight out have jammed up the operations of commercial airlines. Lots of looting, some destruction at the Egyptian museum, over 100 deaths, police cars and headquarters, as well as that of the government's have been set alight. The police force have withdrawn, creating a security vacuum which the locals have stepped in to fill. They argue that the government is allowing anarchy to reign so that the people will ask for the government to return, to reinstate stability. So they must make sure it doesn't reach such a point by taking security into their own hands. Despite the presence of the army, protestors are not mollified because they see the army as a backing rather than an opposing force... and Mubarak's still chillin' his 82-year-old self out, seated a new cabinet, like 'HEY HEY HEY this what chu want fools' that basically did NOTHING to please protestors, who probably replied with a huge 'FCK NO BITCH'  

Only a matter of time, or...?

Funny huh. You read about these things but you feel so completely distant from it. It's honestly a good measure of how safe we are here. It's practically nothing you can even relate to a little bit. You can't sense the fear, nor the passion, nor the anger, nor the tension. I wouldn't put it down to a distance issue, but rather the fact that we are cushioned on all sides by the silver spoon. Although Singapore has its own issues to deal with, if you just set aside problems with the PAP or with the culture or ANYTHING for that matter, and just look at your life as a Singaporean -- sitting in a bed, under a roof, eating ice cream and crying because Torres is leaving Liverpool -- you're pretty damn blessed

Things to do soon:
+ buy cranberry juice to drink everyday
+ figure out what the last three lects on foreign diplomacy was about
+ compile French notes
+ print a frickin huge pile of notes
+ bring car for servicing

I ate Burger King today. Have been on quite a successful fried food diet, so today will be that 'once in awhile' moment. I have given up on the idea that exercise does ANYTHING to help you lose weight -- it is overrated and inaccurate. In my two years of playing soccer three to four times a week, I put on more weight and looked bigger than I have in my entire life. Once training stopped I lost 5 kg so YEAH sports is for fun ONLY

No comments:

Post a Comment