4.2.11

First day of CNY gets more boring each year... the part I like the most is gambling. This year I haven't binged on any CNY treats. I am not a fan of pineapple tarts which constitutes a large bulk of CNY treats, and I haven't been eating my favourite bak gwa so... not too worried about putting on weight. Honestly, is there a better time? Complete strangers come into your house and give you money. You get new clothes. Tons of good food to eat plus you get to hang out with all your cousins.

At night we went to Jamie's house to have a steamboat dinner, then sent her back to Manchester. At the airport when she left she didn't cry, and I thought, that's a good thing. Goodbyes get easier as you keep going through them. One day you will be numb. That doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Also I've come to realize how abhorrently pretentious, disgustingly fake and desperate some people are. How some people can take the most mundane and banal of situations and blow it up into something so metaphorically significant, so drastically important it's SO. STUPID. This is my conclusion: philosophy is stupid and dumb. Why do we try to hang onto what we think life is? Why do we try to come up with theories and reasonings as to why we live the way we live? Why not JUST LIVE? Let be what is. Think about more important things!!! Present relationships, interactions. Society and community. Climb out of that gaping gulf of sadness and OPEN YOUR EYES. The world is much bigger than the fish tank in which you wallow

No comments:

Post a Comment