so this morning when my alarm rang at 6.15 I did not want to wake up for French class at 8am because I was too tired. which made it the third time I've missed my 8am class. I think my lecturer has recognized the pattern and will be speaking to me soon. I have already concocted a story: "I am always up late on Monday nights engaging in very important activities that involve gallivanting around places as a voluntary contribution to helping improve the image of Singapore's currently dull nightlife" (by this I mean I go to parkway parade and buy old chang kee)
I am okay with being alone, doing things alone, in private, in public... I used to be preoccupied with not eating alone because I thought people would think I was a loser. but after being forced to do it almost everyday in the most packed canteen in Singapore I don't really care anymore. people who want to say shit, I will not bother to be bothered by their opinions because bitchy people like that aren't worth it.
it is okay to be alone.
9pm. in the afternoon I went to kinokuniya and spent the last of my vouchers. I bought two books. V for Vendetta the graphic novel and We by Yegnevy Zamyatin. the first one I've read before, when I borrowed it from the national library. I like it very much and so I wanted to own it. I started reading it again on the way home. I also hope Gus will read it because it is brilliant. We by Yegnevy Zamyatin is a dystopian novel I've been wanting to read for awhile, highly recommended by... George Orwell haha so I am excited about them, but I'm forcing myself to finish my reading on Policy Entrepreneurs before touching either of the two. so I am going to take a nice shower and get started
No comments:
Post a Comment