29.5.11

Tonight there is a very big match on, Manchester United vs Barcelona for the champions league final and it is a huge deal to everybody who is an avid soccer fan, esp if you're fans of either Man U or Barca. So I am a Man U fan, or was... perhaps I am not worthy of the label "fan" because I don't watch matches religiously like I used to last time. At one point I really loved everything to do with soccer! But I'm sure it was infatuation and it died out, and now I only watch big matches. Or try to. Gus has been with me this whole day and we've been doing everything and anything, including pigging out at old airport road hawker center. Remember I said I needed quality time with him? Today was good for that :) But, after we fell into a comfortable and much desired snooze for about an hour, the alarm went off for us to leave the house to go watch the match happening in 45 minutes, and I couldn't... didn't want to leave my bed. Haha. Lazy as usual, but it also negates many logistical problems that would happen if I went. I think Gus would like me to stay home even though he won't say it to my face. Guys just like to be around guys and do guy things without having to be hindered by a girl. Most of the time.

Even then I'm trying to find a way to stream the match online because I just like to feel like part of all this excitement haha. In any case I hope Man U wins! And then I hope Rooney replies Gus on twitter because Gus would cry and I'd like to see that.

This morning I gave my dog a bath. She scrambled and scratched and attempted to wriggle out of my grip but I was determined to make her smell better. At one point, she was sopping wet and managed to slip out of my grasp, and she totally ran for it. I sprinted after her and caught her hind leg as she bounded up the stairs. Against my will I had to carry her, all wet, pressing against my chest, back down to the hose to be cleaned. Nobody gets out of these things dry. Next time I am just going to wear my bikini and then hop in the pool after I'm done with her. When she does that progressive body shake to shake water off it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment