2.6.11

I have nothing to blog because life nowadays is so boring.





The bed. I love it! It's queen sized and a low bed, with a fairly wide headboard/shelf so I put my speakers, some books, lamp, alcohol there haha. Also on both sides it has a pull-out shelf, as seen on the left. I put my monkey on top of it and put my favourite books inside it. I didn't pull out the one on the right because it would cover the electrical socket. Got a fan to generate some cooling air so I don't have to switch the air-con on all the time. But opening up the balcony lets quite a lot of wind through too. The balcony is behind the fan.


Wardrobe on the right. I feel like even though it is frosted you can still tell how messy it is, sigh. Door, shelves to the left, vanity/drawers to the left. That mirror is actually hiding an electrical box! Funny right haha it was really ugly so we sourced for a mirror around the same size and covered it! MY IDEA. Anyway I think I organized the drawer quite well (by my standards anyway). This is the first drawer: 


Make up and jewelry, hairbands, nail polish, hairdryer, hair straightener. The drawers below are full of random crap like stationery, electrical wires and cables, random artifacts. 


Table on the left, toilet door in the middle. I quite like my table! Haven't organized it completely but it's sort of there. Guitar amp I shoved it underneath. It's quite messy but I imagine when school starts I'll be forced to keep it relatively mess free. 

The whole room is in a state of "acceptable mess" where it's kind of messy but it makes it cosy and gives it a warm lived-in feeling. My aunty says that each room must be warmed up with lots of people, and I've had lots of people in the room so far! I'm pleased with everything mostly. I ended up with the smaller room because I was supposed to leave, so it didn't make sense for the bigger room to be left unoccupied for months at a time. But then I'm not leaving, and I'm still stuck with this room. Thankfully it turned out to be quite pleasant. I like it a lot :) It's actually the first time I've had my own room to myself! Because my family is so big we usually have to share rooms with each other, but this time I got my own, so I'm very thankful!


This is a lifesaver though. Every time I open up the balcony doors for some wind, I inevitably invite a number of mosquitoes in. Also, my sister said that she was going to start on a facial wash routine and be diligent in it, and I said, I already started. I don't know, but moving house just gives you that sense of renewal? I think... I resolved to take better care of myself. Been following facial care routines, taking care of my skin, cleaning up my room, eating healthier (trying to cut down on oily and fatty foods). Just have to remind myself to drink more water.

Okay yeah that's an update at least. Off to do something productive: do extensive research on WWII. This is really embarrassing. I know mainly about WWII, who was involved, how it goes down, who won, who lost, blah blah blah. But it's really quite superficial knowledge and I feel like there is a lot more to know. I never took history. Not in secondary school, not in JC. I'm not sure how much I actually don't know. If I survived 5 PS university modules I think I must know quite a fair bit, haha, but the pursuit of knowledge never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment