15.10.11

Today a friend told me that his friend who was currently at Sciences Po in Paris told him how it was quite a shitty place to be because as a city campus you have to get an apartment, that the apartments were really expensive and there are rats and things like that. And that it's not the most fulfilling exchange to be on, but on the other hand, you're in Paris for six months, who wouldn't want that, right? I'm talking as if I've already received an offer when in reality my chances are as slim as an anorexic model... I'm just going to forget about it and if it happens it happens, if it doesn't, I've forgotten about it.

Today Dr Luke said all our papers have been marked and we'll get them back by next week. I feel like my head is about to implode from fear, as if the fear has liquidified and is about to seep from my pores... If I don't do well I'm f.u.c.k.e.d., similarly as I will be for any midterm we'll be getting back soon, just typing this, my heart is bruising my ribcage

When I start two paragraphs with 'today' and then proceed to talk about really boring things it's obvious today wasn't all that exciting. The most exciting this week probably, I updated my phone to the brand new iOS 5 and I'm loving it! It's sleeker, cleaner and more convenient. Gus said he thinks that Apple knows all these updates that would be good for the phone from the get-go but they choose to release it slowly so that they have things to sell. I don't know. Apparently Jobs had five years worth of releases planned out before he passed away. I hope when Bill Gates goes everybody will give him as much significance because he deserves it.

In my tutorial, my tutor says "You are quite right" to everybody who speaks up, assuming their point wasn't horrendously irrational or off topic. But when I said something, he said "Exactly" and pointed at me with a smile, before "You are quite right" and that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. In retrospect there was nothing spectacular about what I said I suppose but I will hold onto to that moment of academic encouragement like an X Factor contestant clinging onto Simon's words said about 10 million days ago

No comments:

Post a Comment