7.11.11

I've reached that point in my essay where I have 50 tabs open and I can't close a single one out of fear that there's information on it that I'm going to lose forever. What is this feeling? I feel so close to the perfect essay but it keeps slipping out of my reach, grazing my fingertips with its fat ass. Told myself I would finish the essay by 3am. At 12am, my tutor tells me my other argument is better, and I have to change everything. Screwed. Tomorrow I'm locking myself in the library until it closes. Sounds "hxc", until you learn that it closes at 4.30pm. Haha. Why does 'hxc' mean hardcore

Otherwise today I finally accepted that I'm a music snob. As in, I hate it when people try to recommend music to me. I've always denied it because I think the general perception is music snobs are such narrow minded people, blah blah blah. But today I was like, well I don't really care. All I like is my music. I like discovering new music on my own. I hate it when people say, "OMG you have to listen to this song it's sooo good" and it's some indie ass band that I've never heard of singing some acoustic crap like every other hipster band, or it's some house shit that all sound like Benny Benassi to me. How would you like it if I said, listen to this!!! & it was the Beatles song that sounded like every other Beatles song? Yeah no... I like to discover music myself, tyvm, the only exception being sometimes Gus forces me to listen to something until I like it. So I'll either hear something on radio or in a movie or TV or something and I'll go find out what it is, or stumble upon something really nice. That's why sometimes I get hooked onto songs like 3 years late (like two months ago I really liked Tiny Vessels by Death Cab, and like two months before that I really liked The Real Slim Shady LOL) But I rarely, rarely like things based on people's suggestions. MUSIC SNOB but I don't really care because I only love my music, but I really really love my music. Probably 2 years from now I will be listening to this Gotye shit. I also hate when I'm in the car with people and they're playing songs I don't know and being damn into it cos I feel left out haha

That day in class my mom called me but I kiap-ed it cos I couldn't answer. And I remember feeling terrified because she never calls, she usually messages, and I thought something was wrong, and she took ages to reply me and I wanted to cry. But it was all okay. But that feeling was so scary

No comments:

Post a Comment