11.9.12

P9090547

P9090538

P9090548 Bonjour!

Je suis en France maintenant et il est tres tres difficile pour moi de faire quelque chose! Partout où je vais, je me sens comme un idiot! Mes phrases favorites sont ces quatre:

1. Je suis désolee, mais parlez-vous Anglais?
2. Pardon? Excusez-moi?
3. What?
4. Huh?

Du moins je pouvais changer mes cours de français vers l'anglais. Une chose qui est très bonne, c'est que mes cours ne sont pas obligatoire! Ne deux que sont obligatoire, mais l'autre cours, si vous prenez votre exam, qui est assez bon! J'ai enregistré pour une cours sportif aussi. Je pens que je ne irai pas mes cours à tous!

--

The pains that it took me to write the above should sufficiently describe the horror that has enveloped my being upon arriving in the fair country of France. It seems that I have severely overestimated my french speaking capabilities. That my confidence has been shattered to the pits of hell is an understatement.

Grenoble is a beautiful city, however. Just not where I live, unfortunately. The people are nice enough, except for my neighbour who told me last night that I was "making too much noise". I looked at my empty room and my youtube video playing at half the maximum volume, smiled and said "Ok sorry." That silly man better not disturb me again.

I have hardly unpacked anything properly in my room. Today I struggled through a 45 minute journey on public transport with bags and bags of groceries and daily necessities... I am tired of needing things but I am also tired of buying things. How does that work?

School this morning was pleasant enough and I met some new people which was fun but I hope to meet even more people and also go swim in my hostel swimming pool not alone. I knew loneliness came hand in hand with exchange but to be honest I think so far I'm coping fairly well. What I actually said above is that you don't have to actually attend any of your classes, except for two, but having four out of six classes with no attendance penalties is PRETTY DAMN AWESOME

I've forgotten anything and everything I've learnt about politics in Singapore. I expect to do badly and will not be sorry for it. If anything I'm going to relax the hell out of the next few months because that is how you make your money's worth

No comments:

Post a Comment