studied with Bert at great world city starbucks today. we sat along the counter-like seats in front of a gigantic window with a view of people scurrying around and white kids running around being generally ill-disciplined. it was nice, but my iPod died halfway and after that it was hard to concentrate. I work best in silence (libraries) or with music. but preferably no noise...
studied and did my pol science readings. wow wow wow wow wow because you know I've never attempted to read them before. but today I did out of desperation because the paper is in two days and WOW like... wow. samuel huntington I LOVE YOU you are brilliant in ten million ways. totally owned those unaccounted for political development disparity trends. I hope your tombstone reads "helped hopeless college students understand important shit" also, you come up with the most kick-ass theory names: clash of civilizations > modernization theory. you didn't even add the 'theory' to the back of it. you are such a bad ass
I also think I might be a closet fundamentalist... sigh, not good. I feel passionately when I read my readings and I highlight with a lot of force and conviction, like "THIS!" -pick out particular phrase- "is sooooo right." *INTENSE HIGHLIGHTING* (hi-lite? is highlight wrong?)
while it is enriching my mind it is breaking my heart. nothing more appropriate than political science to show you the world is cruel and so devastatingly violent. and compounding on that dark cloud is that
HARRY POTTER IS OUT AND I CAN'T GO WATCH IT WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I'M WALKING AROUND WITH A TON OF GUILT-BRICKS DRAGGING BEHIND ME
No comments:
Post a Comment