I conceded that 2012 was a bad show in quite a number of ways (unrealistic dodging of crumbling buildings by unrealistic miracle plane, bad acting), but what I think would have been awesome if it were true is... imagine hundreds or thousands of years down the road, when all the people who were saved on the ships were already dead. the new race/generation, imagine all they have to excavate! it's a huuuuge civilization hidden under those waters. if they ever get to them, just... wow. imagine: a sunken hollywood sign. part of the great wall sticking out of the seabed. the eiffel tower! omg. and then if for some other metaphysical, nonphysically comprehensive reason, the earth's axis alters in some funny way, and all the water drained off one side of the earth to the other (you can see my geography is not good at all), and the whole of India emerged.
w.o.w
aside from that, I choose not to believe the mayans. the world could end tomorrow for all we know, that's what the bible says anyway. but you know that scene in 2012 where they all just face the tsunami in resignation that their lives have come to an end? I hope the world doesn't end like that. I don't have that many hands to hold onto the people I love, I don't have enough strength to pull everyone close to me while the waves sweep humanity into oblivion
and also, I don't think there are meant to be any survivors when the world ends. either way, I can never not think about the end of the world. I see tomorrow as a notch on a belt that's going to end at some point. so I think about exams in 2 weeks, Gus' birthday in 3 weeks, my birthday in 7 weeks, christmas in 9 weeks, but beyond every week is the shrinking of the gap between now and then end of the world. I think philosophy is doing this to me. maybe I wouldn't mind living in a matrix.
today when I read the newsflash that a Qantas flight had crashed near Batam, I got very very upset because it was singapore-bound, and now is the time that all the singaporean students in australia come home. and if there were many casualties, I just knew it would be so upsetting for the home community. thank God that it was a false alarm. there was no crash, but I think it was a forced landing.
I hate. death.





No comments:
Post a Comment