Gus and I spent last night at Grapevine, along upper serangoon road. It was Ben's birthday, so he had a dinner thing for all his friends. It was really fun! They're really funny people... I like to hang out with Gus's friends because they're really entertaining. And it's nice to see Gus being all smiley with his friends.
Anyway, they served us these really cute mini-cans of Asahi beer. I drank like 1.5 cans which is barely the amount in a normal can. But omg I knew I started to feel sleepy awhile after, but last night I slept so good I can't even describe. I woke up feeling fresh and light, if you can imagine what that feels like. I mean, none of that sleepiness and grouchiness weighing you down. I forgot all about the beer until Gus told me today that the good sleep was probably because of it. I've never had a night where I've only taken beer. Normally there'll be something else too which I suppose kind of screws up the effects. And in any case I don't really like beer. But seeing the amazing effects of beer on my sleep I really want some now! Or some wine. Omg I love a good sleep.
Otherwise, we came home from dinner with my parents and watched The Banquet by Feng Xiaogang. Don't watch it... god. I mean there's very good cinematography and the usual things I suppose you would expect from a chinese period film, but it was, on so many levels, frustrating and draggy and purposeless. The only thing it managed to achieve was cement my dislike for Zhang Ziyi even more. Also, if you're like me, generally unable to tolerate watching extreme violence for a long time, then don't watch it. It was a lot more gory than the other films I've been watching so that was quite a put-off for me. In Gus's words, for chinese period films, don't trust anything not Zhang Yimou
No comments:
Post a Comment