First rally even though I have a paper at 5pm tomorrow. Already running late, crawling along the roads looking for parking, walking all the way to the rally site, shoes getting soaked. Gus got interviewed by Reuters!!! "It won't be shown on TV here don't worry" the woman said. I think they were quite unfortunate, lugging around a huge video camera with tripod and all, footsteps getting slower as the mud sucked everyone's shoes in. All in all I don't remember much of what they (WP) said because the echo and the distance from the stage (masses of bodies in between) made their speech hard to decipher. Also because at one point LTK spoke in Chinese and I interpreted about 2% of it. But! The experience was quite an interesting one, seeing the kind of people that showed up regardless of the weather conditions. A funny man made an electronic banner! It flashed "VOTE WP" and then a hammer. Really cool!

I mean... despite whatever division the elections are causing right now, it's always nice to see some solidarity among such a big number of Singaporeans. You hardly see that! I was very excited with all the commotion. Police everywhere, massive jams, etc. You can feel the buzz in the air and that's something you don't get very often. Gus got bitten by lots of ants and our shoes got super soaked with mud but it was all alright! It was a good night.
Am pleased with nails.
EXAMS END TOMORROW EVERYONE!!! JIO ME JIO ME JIO ME
No comments:
Post a Comment