4.11.11

I think someone should start to speak for the immigrants. I feel like everybody has something horrible to say about the PRCs, the banglas, the filipinos. All the words they use to describe them, loud, kiasu, noisy, ugly, etc... sometimes used in jest, sometimes some people really mean what they say. I understand that people become frustrated because they are crowding our country and whatnot. But in all honesty, the types of critiques some launch against the immigrants are so hypocritical!!! Because for every fault I can find in an immigrant, I can assure you, I'll fucking find it in a Singaporean.

And another thing, the whole Yue Yue incident in China... I can't believe people stereotype that all Chinese have become like that. Yes, 18 people ignored her, but assuming that this only happens in China is ridiculous. The idea of ignoring someone who needs help is in the damn Bible! And you know what? Everytime someone asks for a donation, like $2 that can feed a child in Africa or something and you politely decline? You're ignoring someone who needs help as well. BESIDES, China's context is so vastly different from that of any other country. Unfortunately, that day, 18 people refused to help, but to label over 1.6 billion Chinese as monsters is fucking ridiculous. The few PRCs I do know are super nice, super kind, super friendly, genuine people. You can't take the curry incident and assume all the PRCs are like that, because they're NOT.

And the banglas? What? You scared they rape you? Kill you? PLEASE OK. Any fucking male is capable of rape if he is strong enough. Which means even Singaporeans. Was Adrian Lim a bangla? NO. There are over .35 million banglas working in Singapore. And why do they work here? To earn some fucking money so they can have a better life. You think every single bangla you see on the street is going to throw away his life just to fuck you?

AND, fucking Filipinos are the best service staff ever ok? 1 million times better than some Singaporeans I've seen. At least they care about their work, and they smile, and they put in effort. And it's despicable how some people treat their maids. No, they are domestic helpers. They're not fucking slaves ok? I don't even mean abuse specifically, I'm just talking about those fucking Singaporean aunties who shamelessly yell at their maids in public, or make them stand beside their table while they're eating dinner out. The same aunties who breed a group of Singaporean youths who grow up not knowing how to give respect to people, even if they are poorer, even if they are employees, even if they don't look the same as you.

Seriously right Singaporeans don't understand the kind of backgrounds most of these immigrants come from, why they have to come here to work, how much of their pay they send home to families, etc. We're such a one-time judge all society. Fucking suck up to ang mohs but treat others like shit?

And you know what. I really think that we should feel happy, at least, that we're able to give these immigrants some sort of hope for a better life. You think girls with bachelor's degrees in the Philippines want to work as a maid? Fuck no. But they don't have a damn choice. So I think it's time for Singaporeans to shut their ah beng mouths and learn to be kind and compassionate to others who need help. Time to grow up.

I got so angry I didn't bother with proper english haha

1 comment:

  1. Fuck is a great word!!!!!! I actually want to go bond with the banglas.

    ReplyDelete