In a way I think maybe life is looking up. You go through these lull periods and then suddenly things seem to get better. I don't want to speak too soon but I'm really hoping that good things come from all this.
Last night Des and I sat at UTown's starbucks for six hours from 11pm - 5am and I completed so much work I was amazed. Feel like replicating this tonight at home but it's 12am and I'm already yawning... Can't sleep until I accomplish something though. Otherwise, I have to go shop for an outfit for my internship interview on Monday. I feel like they (1) give interviews to everyone or (2) nobody else applied. Told my mum "I don't have anything to wear" because I wanted her to bring me shopping, but in all honesty, I have no formal clothes in my wardrobe at all. Not even a proper white blouse, those stiff and starchy kinds. So I have to go buy some clothes soon...
Des and I went to eat Macs breakfast after studying and spent the whole time talking about religion. I liked it, I felt like it was a conversation I will remember. Although I would like to have these conversations with everyone I meet, I know it only happens naturally with some people rather than others. Des joked and said I left her with "weightier issues" on her mind. Today I told Gus, these xxx people spend their lives doing this and that, they don't go to school, they're isolated in a bubble of their trade, they don't think about certain things that always, always get me depressed because they don't know much about it. I think ignorance has two sides to it. One, it is always bad to be ignorant about important issues, it shows you are self-absorbed and inconsiderate of the world beyond yourself, but two, not being ignorant, it almost always inevitably (for me at least) leads me to becoming sad, depressed, helpless, because a lot of these issues have no ways of resolving themselves anytime soon. For me at least I don't have a proper, healthy structure to channel whatever thoughts I have about them. I let them fester in my mind, think about them for days, let them pool into a puddle of despair in the pits of my stomach. I hate that feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment