11.4.12

Finally submitting my last essay of the term tomorrow. Feel like I'm free, then remember I have to finish reading 400 pages of Putnam then actually begin studying. Don't know how I'll do this sem... I have mixed feelings. I went from aiming for the best to praying it won't be a disaster.

To celebrate Gus's last day of school we went to watch American Pie in the afternoon... Haha I don't know, if you like these kinda shows then it was good I guess. Funny at least. I just really love Jennifer Coolidge, I think she's so so so funny.

Nowadays I feel like social media has become such a burden and a hassle... I think it starts to show too many sides of people, people that I'm actually cordial with or like, sometimes. When people start to post really opinionated things that really clash with any one of my core beliefs or values, I get really really really irritated. And the worst part is that I start to dislike that person! How awful right, he/she is just expressing his/her view. But I feel like I can't keep up with it, can't keep up with involuntarily feeling crowded out by these opinions. I don't see anything wrong with maintaining purely cordial relationships with certain people who are acquaintances more than friends, but social media sometimes really makes this impossible. Feel like de-activating everything, think I finally understand why some people do that (aside from the hipsters who de-activate because it's cool or some shit). On the other hand I suppose it shows me some people whom I can foresee I will never ever be good friends with, so I shouldn't try. That's not offensive. On many levels I'm sure I irritate some people with my tweets and my facebook updates too. It scares me a little to think that people will think of me differently based on this, but it's unreasonable for me to stop saying what I feel just because of that, and similarly I cannot expect that other people will do it too. So the best solution is really to just extricate I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment