Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends. - Gandalf, LOTR 1 The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. TolkienWhen I read about the Ferrari accident, I can't even begin to say how angry I started to become. A stupid mistake by one stupid man in a stupid Ferrari -- killed himself, killed an innocent passenger, and after reading updates a few hours ago, killed the taxi driver who was doing nothing but his job. I can't even begin to say how much I feel the man driving the Ferrari deserved to die, deserved to go to hell for what he did, but I caught myself when I remembered the above quote, only because it surfaced again towards the end of The Two Towers, which I'm reading now. In a sense, of course, it's not up to me to say whether or not that man deserved to die. God has His plan for everyone. But it's just such a stark reminder that just simply being alive you are such a huge potential for hurting someone else. Some days I go through life thinking I don't mind hurting myself, dying, even, as long as nobody else, nobody who doesn't deserve it, is hurt. At the end of it, if I try to forget that there was a man who was responsible for it all, I just end up feeling helpless, back at square one, which is, I know that God has a plan for everyone. But why this plan, why does it have to be like this
14.5.12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment